Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Story of Rose
by: Red Jun B. Suminguit

          With its title, I thought the “Story of Rose” is a love story between two young people just like of the “Titanic”. But as I read the first paragraph, I said, “No! It is a story of two lovers where age doesn’t matter. But then again, as I go through with the story, I laughed with myself and said, “Oh my God! I am totally wrong!"

          For me, “The Story of Rose” is one of a kind story. If it is a fiction, I could say that the author is very smart and artistic. He tells the story that is very much inspirational to everybody. If it is a true story, I could say that the author is very much lucky to met Rose personally. It is an honor to be with her and hear her speech.

          I think the author and Rose wants to tell everybody five (5) important things. First (1),“The importance of Education”. Education is very important for every individual for it is the only thing that cannot be taken, and through education the countries’ development lies. Second (2), “Age no limit when it comes to education and learning”. Even if you’re 87 years old like Rose or even older, education and learning is free for everybody. It is the right for every individual to be educated. Education is for all Ages. Third (3), “Don’t lose your dream”. Just keep on dreaming until you have it. Fourth (4), “Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional”. The best explanation for this was in the speech of Rose. “If you are nineteen years old or eighty-seven years old and lie in bed for one full year and don’t do productive thing, you will turn twenty years old and eighty-eight years old respectively. The idea is to grow up by always finding the opportunity to change”. Fifth (5) and finally, “Don’t stop learning”. “If you stop learning today, you stop leading tomorrow”. (2 Timothy 2:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment